Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Quest for Clean



Dear Reader,

It's amazing how beauty products have evolved over the years.  Chances are, your mother's face soap doesn't even resemble most face washes today.  I think I remember my grandmother's cold cream (or did my brain fabricate that memory?), which reminded me of sour cream though less tasty, and I definitely remember her glycerin soap.  I remember the way my hands smelled after I used it to wash up before sitting down to eat.  So many cleansing products these days smell like chemicals and nondescript "fragrance", I find my nose gets completely overwhelmed...or my skin becomes irritated.

So, today, at the recommend of the product reviewers on Makeup Alley, I picked up a tub of Albolene.  I have to admit, I'm a little petrified because for all my face-washing life, cosmetics companies lectured me that I have to strip my face of oils in order to become clean.  Well, Albolene, being the consistency of Vaseline according to many of the product reviews I read, seems counter intuitive, but I'm going to take one for the team of tradition and good old fashioned grooming and give it a try.  Paired with a Dove beauty bar -unscented, should my skin scream out for a transition period.

Wish me luck!

Caroline

2 comments:

  1. yeah, but do you have acne? or blemishes? I feel like I have to take the oil off of my skin. becuase there is SO MUCH of it! :) Let me know how this all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My skin has never been and never will be perfect, so as long as nothing drastic happens I'll probably be happy. Honestly, it's working out really well thus far, but instead of using toilet paper I'm going to have to switch to cotton rounds because the t.p. is a bit too scratchy on my delicate eye skin. Yipes!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete