Sunday, October 10, 2010

The First Post is the Deepest



Dear Reader,

This post isn't actually going to be full of any deep thoughts, useful knowledge, or anything quite so deserving of a first post.  However, it will serve as an introduction to just what sort of stuff will make up this blog going forward.

I've always loved the artwork of time gone by, both in illustration and photography.  Something about the blatant over-sell of advertisements of the 30's through the 60's, sends my heart into a flutter.  Over the years, my collection of this ephemera has grown into piles and files that serve no purpose other than the occasional flip-through on a rainy day.  Well, it rained plenty today here in the Seattle area, so I catalogued my collection and determined to give it a home in the blogosphere.  I hope you enjoy these posts to come over the next year.  I am happy to be able to share them.

The beginning: 10/10/10.
The end: 10/10/11. 
(Isn't it nice to know when things will be wrapped up in a tidy bow?)

Until tomorrow...
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment