Monday, February 21, 2011

Polka Dots and Scrubbing Pots


The image above is actually one of my most favorites in my little stash of vintage ads and editorials and it is not simply because she is wearing polka dots (though I swear I think I inherited a polka-dot loving gene from my mom).  The three plants, the paper towels close at hand, everything spic and span, and in full makeup, no less.  This is my dream woman...I mean, a depiction of who I wish I was more like.  Lofty aspirations, no? :)

There is something to be said for a clean kitchen, cleaning the kitchen, and keeping oneself clean in the process.  Tidiness begets ease and readiness in the home.  Ease, comfort from the anxiety that there is something that must be "fixed", and reaadiness for anything...company, a busier evening than planned, or even *shudders* fatigue.  Sometimes a girl just wants to nap.

1 comment: